Sunday, July 27, 2014

We LOVE Charlie!

July has been a great month with summer vacation, fabulous weather here in Norway and of course 3 new patterns for us in the sewing rabbit pattern member club. I already had the Casual Lady pattern but I haven't sewn it up yet, but now I have my pieces cut out and ready to go as soon as I am done writing this post.

I so want to make the Fedora Hat for both Viktor and Anita, I just can't decide on what fabric to make them in.

What I have made is the Charlie Dress and we LOVE it!! Usually Anita is happy with what I make for her as long as it is pink, but when she saw this one she squealed and her eyes lit up like if I had given her the whole world!




This is the first pattern by Mingo & Grace and it was first released to pattern members.

I sewed up a size 3 and I really like the fit. It is a little roomy on my skinny little girl but I like that it isn't constraining in any way now during the warm summertime and that she will be able to wear it with layers in the fall and winter.


The bias binding on the neck and armholes through me off for a while. I just could not understand it! But after playing with it for some time a light finally came on in my head and it was a smooth sailing after that.


I'm so proud of how my horizontal lines match up on the back!  High five to myself!

I bought the fabric a few months ago from Miss Matatabi, its called Japanese Fabric Rectangles in pink. I really like the texture it gives the dress.

The Charlie Dress is great for twirling, maybe too great as most of my photos were blurry.  But I can live with that because the dress is cute and my girl is cute and soooo HAPPY!










 Its also great for jumping up and down!




 And for singing!




 Playing on the playground!


 Hunting butterflies aka stones!


 And riding a bike!



I have decided that I am going to make all Anitas and Viktors regular cloths for at least the next year so I'm sure I'll be making some more Charlies.  In fact I have already picked up a fabric for another one.

So the conclusion is two thumbs up from the both of us!

Love 
Dagbjört.


No comments:

Post a Comment