Monday, August 4, 2014

Accessories for boys

I always get so frustrated when I try to buy accessories for my little ones.  There is this huge selection for girls, just name it and they have it!  And then in the boys department there are like a few belts, caps and band-aids maybe, at least that was the selection last time I went to H&M.

Anita has her Hello Kitty handbag with her everywhere she goes, she even sleeps with it!  Viktor being only 18 months older than she is, they kind of do everything together and always want the same stuff, so he has been borrowing her other Hello Kitty handbag for his treasures.

So armed with Pinterest and a sewing machine I knew I just had to make him a cool messenger bag.  I bought some fabric with pictures of cars on it, but he didn't like it and insisted on a Lightning McQueen bag.  My local fabric store didn't have that kind of fabric but they did have some iron-on patches so I got that and some red and blue fabric.  I used this tutorial for the bag but I cheated and bought a ready made strap.




He LOVES it!!


The tutorial was really easy to follow and everything was spot on!  


He cut his hair himself a couple of weeks ago and tried to blame it on his sister, but when she refused he said a monster came into our house and did it :)  It really shows in these photos.




Love
Dagbjört.



No comments:

Post a Comment