Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pants with a happy ending.

Since I have decided not to buy any clothes for Anita and Viktor, at least now for the time being, I really needed to make Viktor some pants.  So I printed out the pattern for the Kudzo Cargos by Charming Doodle for Willow and Co and thought I would make him the skinny version.  And so I did in size 5. Thankfully I tried them on him before attaching the waistband and I panicked!
They were way to tight on him!

What to do - what to do??

Well, I had enough fabric to make a new one and Anita could always use a pair of pants as well.  But she is not in a size 5 by far.  Then I read in the instructions that one could add elastic to the waistband, so that's what I did and just shortened them some.  And BAM they both got a new pair of pants!





The fly on Viktors ended up on the wrong side, looks a little bit funny but he doesn't 
care so I'm not going to worry about it.




I don't know how but I lost one of the back pockets for Anitas pants.  
I know I sewed it up and I have searched everywhere but I still can't find it.
I even went through and or organized y remnants box!  But no luck.
But I kind of like hers with just one pocket, it would probably have been to 
much with two anyways.




The fabric I used is stretch denim from stoff og stil.





Viktors fit great, Anitas are roomy but we are ok with that.




It is so much fun to sew for these two because they get so excited when they 
find out that I am making them something new.




This is a great pattern with great instructions.  
But after making two of these in a row I have had enough of pants for a little while 
and it was SO relaxing to follow up with an easy knit dress.



Love
Dagbjört  








No comments:

Post a Comment