Monday, June 15, 2015

Shorts = Summer?

We are trying to stay optimistic that there will be summer here this year so I keep
sewing summer clothes for the kiddos.
Now it was Viktors turn, and he wanted shiny shorts!
Oh boy how am going to pull that off, I thought!
So together we looked through my fabrics and he found this great cotton + steel xoxo in green
I bought from Miss Matatabi.
So green and gold shorts I made.



The only thing was that I barely had half a meter of this fabric
and it was so close being enough for the shorts.
But you either have enough or you don't!
We started digging through fabrics again and then I remembered another cotton+stell fabric
I had, Arrows in navy metallic, which I bought from The Laughing House.  It is sold out there now.
Perfect match! 



I used the Kid Shorts pattern by Made in size 6




This is a simple pattern with lot of options and possibilities to make them your own style.
I made them last summer as well, such a quick little project.




Ok, lets turn to his shirt.  I was going to make him a tank to go with his shorts.
Like I said we still have hope that summer will come to us.  I didn't have any solid color knit
in my stash that could go with those busy shorts and in Norway stores are closed on Sundays.
I really wanted to take these photos yesterday though so I could post this today.




As he was trying on his new shorts I noticed that the undershirt he was wearing was actually
the perfect navy color so I decided to just spruce it up a bit with some gold fabric paint I had.




We love how it turned out, even though the shirt is old and worn and kind of stretched out.




I guess when you are as good looking as this young dude you make everything look good!




Love
Dagbjört














No comments:

Post a Comment