Monday, July 6, 2015

The Garden Girl Collection: The Jane Dress and Top

Today is my part two of the Garden Girl Collection Trilogy.



But first I want to tell you guys something really exciting!
A few weeks ago I filled out an application to become brand ambassador for Shwin Designs.
I had no expectations on getting it but I love Shauna's patterns and 
the application only took a couple of minutes to fill out so I sent it in.

And what do you know, I was amongst the eight that got chosen!!!

What that means is that at least once a month I will sew and blog about one of her patterns.
Since I already have quite a few of them I would probably have done that anyway.
Here you can see The Glass Onion Top I made in May, here is a Maggy Mae and here is a Sweet Bonnie Top from way back.  I have also made a couple more Maggy Mae's and a Glass Onion Top that never made it to the blog because they were gifts for my nieces.


Alrighty then - lets talk about the darling Jane!




Such a sweet and simple A-line shaped dress or top.
I love the tiny gather detail on the front and a peter pan collar is always cute.
The pattern includes short and long sleeves.
I really want to find some nice corduroy fabric and make a long sleeved version for fall/winter.




In the pattern instructions it says for the back closure to either use 
a small button and embroidery floss or hook and eye.
All I had when sewing this dress was some buttons and just regular thread so that's what I used.
I went to the fabric store today and bought some hook and eye stuff so I will be changing out the closure on the dress.




I made size 4 and it fits perfect.
The pattern prints out nicely and the instructions are clear
and easy to follow.
The button on the front is just for show.




The fabric is Summer Ride in Melon from the Wee Wander Collection by Sarah Jane,
bought from Urban Sew.  It is not available there anymore.
It is very light and soft, perfect for a summer dress.




There is no photo shoot without some awkward dance moves! 




Check out my part one in the trilogy, The Mckenzie and in a few days I'll show you the Stella Tunic.



Anita was happy to get yet another cute dress!




See you soon!



Love
Dagbjört.













No comments:

Post a Comment