Monday, May 5, 2014

Finally something for my little man.

I didn't have much time to sew up the April patterns from my sewing rabbit membership, but last week I whipped up The Jack and Jill Colorblock Shirt for my little man.  It is a great shirt pattern with lots of options for both boy and girl shirts from Peaches and Peanuts.  Shannon the designer behind Peaches and Peanuts also has a blog called little kids grow, which I have been following for some time now.

He had already told me that he wanted me to sew him something blue and orange and it didn't take him long to choose the fabric he wanted when I let him look at the fabrics I had on hand.  I only had scraps of the orange one so I couldn't do much colorblocking.  I'm thinking of putting orange buttons on it as well, I just have to go to the store and get some.  At first he didn't like that I made the short sleeve version but after wearing it for a little while he forgot all about that and thought he was very cool with his Ray Bans as well which match the shirt perfectly!  The Ray Bans are of course from Synsam Sandnes Optikk, the best place to get glasses in Norway, not that I'm biased or anything - I just work there! :)


And here he is my cool dude! :)


















I made him a size 4 with short sleeves and the long pocket.  The blue fabric is a Robert Kaufman bought at fabric.com.



Love
Dagbjört.

No comments:

Post a Comment