Monday, June 22, 2015

The Garden Girl Collection: The McKenzie Tunic turned Dress.

Anita:  Mom, why do you make me so many dresses?
Me:  Hmmm, because I really like making them.

Is it possible that she has too many dresses?  
Nahhh, I girl can never have to many dresses!  Am I right?

She is very happy with her newest addition.  Of course she wanted to wear it to kindergarten today, but she agreed to pick out another one for today so she can wear the new one tonight when we attend Roberts graduation from 10th grade.

My to oldest don't get profiled much here, or not at all.  I have only sewed one pair of pajama shorts for Robert, which he refused to model for this blog, and nothing for Hartmann.  I guess it's a bit trickier to please 16 and 19 year old boys than the little ones.  Maybe one day - we'll see!

Ok, now the star of this post




This is made from The McKenzie Tunic pattern from Shwin Designs.
It can be bought separately or as part of the Garden Girl Collection,
which then includes The Stella Tunic and leggings




I made her a size 4 and added 10 cm to the length.  That means that she is going to be able to use it for a long time.  First as a dress and then as a tunic, because she is so petite she has some room to grow into.




This was a breeze to sew and no buttons or zippers so it only took me a few hours too make.
The pattern pieces are perfectly made and the instruction are great.




With the deep opening in the back it's easy to put on and take off.




I love the big pleats!




It even has some twirl factor!




I bought it from Urban Sew.
The gray is quilting cotton from Stof bought at my local store, Kreaktiv.




Now for some picture overload, but that's ok right?












Thanks for stopping by!



Love
Dagbjört


















No comments:

Post a Comment