Saturday, August 15, 2015

More fall sewing.

I made two more things before we went on vacation.
Both were for Anita, pants and a top.




There are options for 3/4 sleeves as well which I think are super cute,
but Anita isn't a fan so we went with the short sleeve version and they are great
for layering as you can see.  This is a super easy pattern and with the dolman sleeves
it sews up very fast.  Gathering the ruffles is the only time consuming part.
Anita is turning 4 tomorrow (finally she has been waiting for this day for 6 months now!)
but she is petite so this time I made the size 3 but
with the length of size 4.




I only added two ruffles because I thought with those fabrics it was busy enough,
and I got lazy.




The fabrics are from my local fabric store Kreaktiv (no webside).
Unlike the Angry Birds fabric from my last post The Frozen fabric holds up well.
I love the striped ribbing.




The pants are The Lovely Rita Skinnies also from Shwin Designs.
I did the same thing with the sizing on the pants as the top,
size 3 with the length of size 4.  Which probably would have worked if I had
made sure my fabric had at least 20% stretch as is recommended in the pattern.
It is some kind of stretch denim just not nearly stretchy enough.  Luckily I had Anita try them on
before adding the waistband and hemming, and she complained they were too small which they totally were.  I didn't have enough fabric to cut out a new size and no time to go buy more fabric.
So I took the outer leg seams apart and added a 2cm strip of the same fabric (plus seam allowance).
I almost just threw them away because I really really hate taking stuff apart,
but I'm glad I stuck with it cause it worked out great.
So a thing to remember if the instructions call for some specifics regarding fabric
choices there is usually a reason for it.  Other than that mistake of mine this
came together without a hitch.




For the waistband I used ribbed knit with an elastic inside, super easy and
comfortable for Anita.




Both the denim and the rib knit are from Stoff og Stil.




Anita had no time for this photoshoot so I didn't get many usable photos this time
but she is happy with her new clothes.


These patterns were given to me for my honest opinion and I would never
recommend anything I couldn't stand behind.



Love
Dagbjört









No comments:

Post a Comment