Sunday, January 31, 2016

Eleanor and Stella

I'm still here!
This month has been crazy busy.  I started working at a new place so now
I'm not making glasses anymore but assisting an ophthalmologist.  It's a mix of a new and
old practice, we just opened at a new location and setting everything up and
learning new routines has been challenging but very fun.

I did manage to get some sewing in this month as well.
I tested a new pattern that was just released, I'll show you in a couple of days.

Today I'll show you my January project for Shwin Designs - just in the nick of time!
Believe me its not because the patterns were so difficult it took me a whole month to
get them done.  It's more of a find time to take photos problem!






Here is the Eleanor Dress/Top.
I obviously made the top version because I didn't have enough
of this cute sweater fabric from miss matatabi for a dress.


At first I wasn't sure if I should add the collar but I'm so glad I did cause otherwise
it would just have been another regular sweater.  


Because you need a bottom piece as well to go with a sweater and Anita
isn't a big fan of pants I used the leggings pattern from the Stella to make her a
pair of leggings from a nice soft jersey with brushed back.


I made her a size 5 and I was afraid it would be to big on her but she has
been going through a growth spurt these past weeks so the sizing was perfect.


The photo bomber is Noi our dear old Whippet who is turning 12 this spring.


Both of these came together so fast, the pattern and the instructions are spot on.
I love the dress version as well, it has kind of that cocoon shape that is so popular now and
I love the pleats.








Anita is happy with her new clothes and that makes sewing so satisfying. 

I'll be back before you know it with some more sewing stuff.



Love 
Dagbjört










No comments:

Post a Comment