Sunday, November 9, 2014

Anita has a new outfit!

Sometimes I have SO many sewing plans but just can't seem to get anything done.
Or at least so it feels but since my last blog post I have sewn I think 5 dresses, two cardigans and some matryoshka bins.

The reason I haven't been blogging recently about my sewing adventures is that I am not liking my photos.  I totally do not understand my camera settings now that I have to take pictures inside due to the colder weather, even though my husband has tried to explain this to me I just can't seem to get it right.  Maybe I should just make him be in charge of the photoshots.  
So I am sorry if the photos you see here are very far from perfect.  
Any tips are welcome!!

Today I'll share with you a Norah dress a pattern by Mouse House Creations and 
an Aster cardigan a pattern by LBG Studio for Willow & co
 I made for Anita.




Lets start with the Aster Cardigan.  Since Anita insists on wearing a dress ALL the time a cardigan was due.  We have been layering with long sleeves underneath the dresses lately, but I have been wanting to sew up this pattern for some time now.  For some reason I thought it would be a difficult one.  Let me just tell you - I was completely WRONG!  The pattern is great, everything lines up perfectly and the instructions just walk you right through it all.



Since I was using just a simple pink sweat shirting fabric bought at Stoff og Stil some time ago,  
I appliquéd a purple crown for my princess on the back.





Me: Anita do something with your hands.
Anita: Do you want me to sing for you?


So I got an on the spot improvised very dramatic show!









Lets look at the Norah dress now.


The pattern includes a very cute Peter Pan collar and ties but I for this time I wanted my FABULOUS fabric to shine - pink and gold cats Come On!  So I just made a simple A-line dress.


The pattern is great with very good instructions and I have big plans for it in the future, 
which I will share with you very soon.



Ok, lets talk about this AMAZING fabric it's called midas kisses metallic cats by kokka.  I bought it from the very cool Imagine Gnats, I guess it is all gone in this color but she still has some in mint and natural.  I still have some left waiting for just the right project or maybe I'll hoard it forever!


And then the show continued!

















My princess sure is a drama queen but she loves the things I make for her as long as they meet at least one of the following criterias:  Pink - Shiny - Twirly!



Love
Dagbjört

  





No comments:

Post a Comment