Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gaman!

First I want to thank all of you who took the time to read my last blogpost and for all the 
amazing comments - WOW!  

I have gotten some questions on if I plan to start selling some of my creations.  Lately I've been thinking about how I would go about doing that.  I do have a none sewing related job and 4 kids to take care of so I think I would have to base it on special orders.  
I don't have the capacity to sew up whole collections in many sizes and colors.  
Not yet anyway!

My good friend Lena, who is an amazingly talented painter asked me if I could incorporate some of the characters  from her paintings into childrens clothes.  I have been playing around with that idea for some time now, I'm sorry Lena I'm so slow!  Since I have no experience in pattern designing I have been trying out different patterns where the designer allows the sewer to sell items created from the pattern on a small scale.  

So far this is what we have come up with.
We call our project Gaman, which is Icelandic for fun.  A web page is in the makings as well. 





The pattern is the Norah Dress from Mouse House Creations with some modifications.  
I made the armholes smaller and added a cap sleeve, did some colorblocking and 
fully lined the dress so there are no exposed seams and the dress could be worn with both sides out.  
This one is a size 3 but the pattern comes in sizes from 12 months to 12 years.  
So a lot of possibilities.


 


I love the silhouette of this dress.  
It doesn't show so well on the photos but the bodice part is brown with antique pink and purple flowers and the skirt is antique pink.  
The character is an applique, I don't have an embroidery machine so it is hand made.


Here you can see some of Lenas fun paintings









She also does some "serious" paintings like these



Portraits


... and even Jesus


Go check out and like her new facebook page Botne Creative Art.


I have opened up an Etsy store, where people can place an order and just write in comments what size they would like or better yet the childs measurements.  For those of you who live in Norway or Iceland you can just send me an email at dagbjort75@gmail.com
And then it is the question about the price - tadadada!  
This dress in these fabrics I am setting at 600 NOK which is roughly 68 Euros or 85 US Dollars.

Ok folks does that sounds like Fun - aka Gaman!?! 





So you guys any comments, thoughts or tips??


Love
Dagbjört





No comments:

Post a Comment