Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Ponderosa Dress

Alrighty then, lets talk about a pink dress yet again shall we!

Anita basically only wants to wear dresses and even though they are usually very cute they aren't all that practical on cold days in kindergarten.  But I guess long sleeved knit dresses are the best option for those situations, and I have made a few so far even though I haven't posted them all here.  

So today that's the kind I want to show you!




This is the Ponderosa Dress, a pattern by Elegance & Elephants.  Which was one of the first sewing blogs I started to follow.  I love her patterns and I have sewn up quite a few of them by now, the bubble pocket shorts are one of my favorites and I plan on making some more of those again for Anita before sommer hits us.




Like all of E&E's patterns everything is spot on, pattern pieces come together easily and the instructions are great.  The only thing that was a bit tricky with this one was the neck binding and that was mostly I think because my old sewing machine couldn't handle all those layers at ones.  But now I have a brand new machine so I'm sure it will go much better next time around!
I made Anita a size 4 and the fit is spot on.




Of course we need some dance moves!




The fabric is from Art Gallery called Orni which I ordered from Imagine Gnats.  I couldn't find it on her site now so I guess it is sold out there.  The stripy fabric I got at my local fabric store, Kreaktiv.




I asked her to smile but I'm not quite sure what she thinks she is doing here.  
Most of our photos from this photo shot were like this and the more 
I told her to smile the worse it got!  
I guess she is a bit out of practice after our winter hibernation!




And then there was Noi - our photobomber!




Finally daddy came along and made a funny face and all was good!



Love 
Dagbjört.







No comments:

Post a Comment